Monday, June 1, 2009

FAQ

What's this blog about?
The fight for marriage equality, one state - and one state-themed cake - at a time. Between states (and cakes) I'll be posting various entries about LGBTQ rights, feminism, and other important questions of the day.

Why cakes?
More marriages = more cake. Besides, more people know how to make cake than how to make wedding dresses, and many same-sex weddings don't have wedding dresses anyway.

How did you pick the cakes?
I picked cakes that a) are the official state cake, b) are associated with the state in some way, c) use ingredients that are indigenous or significant to the state, or d) came up in a Google search for "[the state]" and "cake recipe".

Have you tested the cakes?
Well... no. I live alone and my family has a history of Type II Diabetes.

What about civil unions?
Those don't get cakes. However, they will get a hearty "Huzzah!", and I reserve the right to post recipes for quick bread on these occasions.

So, like...
I'm bi and unattached at the moment, which means I have absolute marriage rights in about five states as of June 1, 2009. Get on the stick, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment